Sunday, October 18, 2009

Just Finished in Mississippi...


So I just got out of the woods and onto a plane in Mississippi. I had a great time with one of my oldest friends, Spencer. We tried hard to find some turkey and failed and we did get into the deer. I found one I wanted to harvest and missed a 30 yard shot with my bow. Ouch...Regardless, we had a fantastic time, hunting, working his property, and catching up. He is a great guy.

I will be in Wisconsin for a training tomorrow and travelling on Tuesday. If you want to schedule a time to talk with me on Wednesday, I will be in the office most of the day and available to talk. There are a couple of you, my Project Directors, who I need to have a discussion with to make sure we are on course and will meet our deadlines. I am sure you are, but those deadlines have a way of creeping up on us if we don't manage them correctly.

In other news, word on the street is that the DoEd will be accepting new applications this spring. What does this mean to you? You know that AFS works solely on a referral basis, and I would love to talk with potential Project Directors in other districts that you would feel comfortable referring over to us. So, please take a couple of minutes and get me one or two names that I can contact and email them over to me when you get a moment.